Thursday 14 November 2013

DW: Digipak Draft



Above is a draft version of the digipak we wish to use for The Neighbourhood's album, I Love You. Aside from the logo's and the back cover image, everything is our original images. The front cover is taken from our animatic and replicates the final frame of the slow zoom out section we are going to break up throughout the song. It has been edited using the quick selection tool, channel mixer (in which it was made monochrome and the RGB levels altered), curves and the paintbrush to reimburse some of the original lighting levels around me. The top right image is a screenshot taken from one of our filler shots. It was edited using the lasso tool feathered at 150px to select the sun, this selection was then inverted so I could use curves to darken the foreground and the sky; I then used channel mixer to make the image monochrome and again edited the RGB levels, and finally I used the gradient tool to further darken the sky. The top right image, although using a copy of the band logos was designed by myself, using the gothic paintbrushes in white, I could create a rugged looking base for the logos which, for the final piece, I shall make from scratch. For the back cover, I used one of the default fonts and used the darkened sky to place the bands name and album title on; then for the track names, I drew a black rectangle and then lowered the opacity so that the image came through without making the track names impossible to read.

Overall I am happy with the overall look of the digipak; I think the concept works well and it fits the bands aesthetic. However I believe it will look even better when all the proper images are used which, we hope to capture by the end of this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment