Sunday 24 November 2013

DW: Digipak Photos




The two above images I took this weekend and intend to use them in the digipak. The first image will be used as the back cover. To edit it, I selected an area around the sun using the lasso tool which was feathered at 250px. I then inversed this selection so that I could change the lighting of the surrounding area with the curves. Then, using the channel mixer, I put the image in to monochrome and then edited the RGB levels.
The same technique was used for the tree image, except I purposefully lowered the levels of blue in the image as the sky was too powerful. This image may or may not be used for one of the inside covers; at present another sunset shot is being used in its place but, seeing as it is a screenshot from one of our filler shots, it would be better to have a full quality image such as this.

Here is how the digipak looks with these two images applied:


No comments:

Post a Comment