Tuesday 10 September 2013

DW: Possible Song Ideas

Left Boy - Best Friend

  • I like the general style of the song, the rapping contrasts well with the backing and I think we could make a strong video around it.
  • I propose we take the lyrics in to account and themes, making it some sort of lost love story but NOT a conventional heartbreak situation.
  • Like his other videos, especially 'Sunday Morning Chillin'' it may be effective if we have some illustrative elements, i.e parts of a chain connecting, as one of the first lyrics entails. 
  • It would be a narrative video and have performance of someone rapping. 

The Neighbourhood - Afraid

  • I personally love this song and think we could make a amplification style, narrative/performance/conceptual video. 
  • To fit with the bands image I think we should make it a black and white video as it is quite dark but I feel we could do a lot with it.
  • My idea is to physically show the lyrics; so have a man doing his normal daily routine, but each time we show it someone is following him and progressively starts to do parts of it before him. Until the last shot where the new person walks right through the original character and thus physically taking his place.
  • There is one shot idea we could use as a filler which I saw in the 'Eleven Eyes' by Heights ft Sam Carter video which I think would look amazing. Essentially it contains the general public walking backwards and the band walking forwards; to achieve that we'd have to do it the opposite way around but i think it would create a disjuncture that anchors the lyrics and themes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment